Thursday, September 19, 2013

Florals and Polka Dot Mix Dress


So as I am sitting here waiting on my fancy IPhone 4, (yeah you heard that right) update to the new IOS 7, I thought I would blog about the dress I made for Miss O before I had the baby this summer.

It was a take on another dress I used as inspiration. I love this SweetHoney brand, but I can't afford the price tag.


So I ventured out, bought some fabric and without a pattern, just kind of "winged" it.

First I started with a bodice. I knew I didn't want it to have to zip or button, but I wanted it to be fitted. I used a tank that Miss O currently owned and fit into nicely and keeping seem allowances in mind, I traced around it and cut the bodice.



Then I attached 4 strips of panels together to make a tube and attached it to the bodice. Then I added some lace and a belt.




The finished product was not as exciting as I thought because I couldn't stop staring at the awful hem!

So as I contemplated picking it all out and resewing it, I decided to just cut straight across the bottom and add a ruffle instead. I really love the way it turned out and I think she did too.




What do you think? Not too bad of a knock off!


 
 
 
 
I also just recently bought this fabric for some girls matching dresses! So excited to work on them.



Until next time....

Keep calm and be Inspired.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment