Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spiderman Muscle Tee

So I have not been completely MIA, (isn’t this how most of my blogs begin?) haha

I have been busy enjoying the random days of spring weather with the kids, trying to get things organized around the house and have done a few little sewing projects that I am super excited about.

For months, and I mean months when I would start sewing a little dress or outfit for Miss O, Noah would ask, “Are you going to make me a Spiderman shirt?”. To which I would respond with, “yes sweetie, I just need to figure out how to do that”. I bought some Spiderman fabric that was a remnant from Hobby Lobby months ago and even used a little bit of it here when I made him his Spiderman Halloween bucket. I was feeling brave and thought “what’s the worst thing that could happen? “ and pulled it out to make Noah a shirt.



I don’t have a full tutorial because I was just trying to figure it out as I went, BUT It was really easy though. Let me try and explain.

All I did was fold a pajama shirt in half long ways on the fold of fabric. Then trying to allow for some seam allowance, I cut 2 pieces. The front and back. Then I just kind of eyeballed a neck line and cut both the front and back together. The shoulders were long enough that it made it like a muscle shirt. I really had no intentions of him wearing it out of the house when I made it, so I was ok with the no sleeves. I figured it would be a pajama shirt or play shirt outside. Little did I know he begged to wear it to his gymnastics class. Then once I sewed the seams and hemmed the bottom, neckline and sleeve area it was done. Oh I had to add a few inch panels to each side. When I held it up before I sewed it I did a quick hold up fitting and was worried it would be too small. I am so glad I went ahead and added those panels.


Little boy was thrilled to try it on! He even “helped” me sew it by pushing the petal while I guided the fabric.

Livy just had to have some photo time too. Its funny how are kids seem ready when the camera comes out to show their personalities.



And what is Spiderman without his web hands going crazy?



My mom and “sewing mentor” who lives hundreds of miles away thought I had bought it when she saw a picture. That made me feel good! Oh no, this is a Chrissy Couture Original. It turned out really cute. I mean really superhero like.

What do you think?

Oh and now my Spiderman as learned a new trick as well. 




Until next time,

Keep Calm.....and just go with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment