Friday, September 21, 2012

Super Stax is not a Jelly Roll....

Sew, As it seems I am not an expert at this new found love of sewing. I am not even a professional or amateur. I am more like a kindergartner in the sandbox trying to make a sandcastle with a rock, stick and plastic cup. I would like to think one day I will become very insightful and wisdomatic but its all just a sink or swim learning process for me.

I said all that to say this....

What I used to make these dresses here and here recently were NOT made with Jelly Rolls. Jelly Rolls of fabric are long strips of fabric mainly quilting cotton to make quilts with. What I used was Super Stax which is this.

Super Stax which I thought was a Jelly Roll is actually 8 individual Fat Quarters that equal 2 yards of fabric total. 

I apologize for any confusion as I was confused myself. See how the fabric is kind of rolled so I assumed incorrectly. I have seen some cute tutorials where you can still make a dress or skirt out of Jelly Rolls, but that is not what I used.

I guess we can't win them all right? Am I forgiven?

Again looking to get "sewing for dummies" book for Christmas! ha.

Have a great weekend!

Stay Calm ........ and admit some silly mistakes... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment