Friday, May 24, 2013

Fat Quarter Floral Ruffle Peasant Dress

Somewhere between Mothers Day and last week I realized I didn't post the cute dress I made for Livy. I had made it the week before Mother's Day and thought that I would put her in it for my little brother's college graduation party. I opted to put her in it for Mothers Day instead and I am so glad because the weather at his "open house" was crazy cold a week or two back.

So better late than never right?

The Floral Ruffle Peasant Dress



 And what is a new dress without a new label. Remember when I made these for $6 here?



 I don't even use a "pattern" for this dress anymore, now that I have made half a dozen or so. I just used 4 fat quarters. 2 Fat Quarters are about the perfect size already for a 3T dress (because I like my dresses a little longer). I love that it saves me a step of cutting and they are only $1 each. This dress cost $4 total, and I still have some fabric left.



I used 2 fat quarters for the main part of the dress, folding them in half together and cutting crescent moon like shape for the arm holes. Then I took those same half circle pieces as a template and cut the sleeves out with the pink polka dot print. Once I sewed the sleeves in, and before I put a casing in the neck for elastic, I ran 3 gathering stitches down the floral piece and gathered it to ruffle and attached it to the dress. Then I added the elastic at the neckline and hemmed and it was done.




I love the 3 patterns mixed together. They aren't everyone's cup of tea, but thankfully this isn't for everyone. Livy loved modeling in her little dress too.




Noah wanted in on the fun. It seems we can't take a picture of one without the other these days....I also made the little flower bow from the leftovers, but you can't really appreciate or see it.



This other picture turned out cute other than his new found "wanting to give everyone bunny ears".



I think it turned out super summer cute! The weather is finally warming up in these parts. What about where you are?

Until next time....

Keep Calm and Fat Quarter it out....

P.S. Enjoy reading Chrissy Couture? I would love for you to follow along by subscribing. We also love comments too. Have a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment