Monday, November 12, 2012

Manic Monday : A lower calorie way to enjoy your Salad...

So, It is no secret that I am not a huge salad eater. I joke a lot about it being "rabbit food" and many times I just can't enjoy it. Honestly, I would just rather have a cheeseburger. My salad, when its made, usually consists of a little salad, and then a various large assortment of toppings. Basically, its toppings with a little salad added in. The main topping I struggle with is dressing. I love good ole, Ranch. I love a lot of good ole Ranch. I can not have a dry salad, then it just seems like I am eating grass. I have been trying to eat healthier and watch my calories some, and I was trying to think of ways to eat my salad with more salad, less dressing.

I know the age old "dressing on the side" tip where you dip your fork in the dressing and then get salad, but its still just too dry for me. I think I discovered something that I know works for me, so if you like cottage cheese it will work for you.

CAUTION: I know some people are very ANTI- cottage cheese, and that is your right. Beware that I love it and will be using it in the example below. If you need to end reading now, I hate to see you go, but the show must go on! :)

Side note: None of the brands below gave me anything or sent me anything to write this post. I want to make that very clear....but if they would like to in the future that would be ok too. haha.

You will need:

Salad mix


Low fat Cottage Cheese

Pepperoni slices
(you can use a variety of what you like, but this is what I used cause it was easy and yummy)

Easy directions...

Get a large helping of salad on your plate. See easy right....(I know, this is the hardest step for me.)


Put your peperoni's on...You get 16 for 1 serving, so I usually only put about 10 down.


Add a half a cup of cottage cheese to the top....(I also finish with the other 6 peperoni's, you didnt' think I would pass on a full serving of something did you?? :)



I sprinkle a little pepper on because I am cool like that....

And its ready to devour!

Cottage cheese has enough texture like dressing and goes much farther than a tablespoon of a higher calorie dressing. Plus all the protein benefits to help keep you full. A half cup goes pretty far and its Yummilicious.


I hope if you like cottage cheese and aren't a huge salad fan that you try it out....

It just may change your world forever....(or at least lunch time)

Enjoy!

Until next time....

Stay calm.....and eat more Rabbit Food

No comments:

Post a Comment