Monday, November 26, 2012

Thankful for.....Dry Toast

Sew, Thanksgiving is over, the rush of Christmas has begun. Holidays are difficult for me, being away from all my extended family, but I try my best to keep my pretty little head up. I think the winter time is just rough on a lot of people anyway. Less sun, less warmth. But we always seem to make it to Spring. :) I am thankful for many things this year and wanted to express them.

1. God. - First and foremost, above and beyond all, there is no other that has stuck by me through thick and thin. He is faithful and I truly just want to do his will.

2. Family - Wait let me re-phrase that. A healthy family. I read or hear about people every day whose child is very sick, going to multiple appointments to doctors or spouses with cancer or something terrible. I am not above any of them. I pray for them, but I am blessed. I am so thankful that at anytime God could have made things very different for my life, but so far, he has blessed me. I may not have riches beyond measure and such, but I do know that I have happy (bratty-ahem) healthy children which bring a smile to my face daily and I am thankful for that.

3. Home - All my physical needs are met. There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep, food on my table, and shoes on my feet. I am thankful. It may have come out of the goodwill outlet bin, but lets face it, even if I had bazillions of dollars I would probably just spend them thrifting. :)

4.Dry Toast- Wait did she just say Dry toast? Yeah she did. What in the world ? Well see there is a little story about this man and wife, with 2 kids that had decided their family was complete. Since the arrival of the 2nd child they decided on the Mirena for contraception. She was told by many people that getting "fixed" felt so permanent that it scared her. But the Mirena is good for 5 years and the doctor told the couple that if in 5 years they knew they were done, they could have the procedure then. They agreed seeing that they had used this in the past and it worked well for them.
So as time went on, their relationship had its ups and downs and because of the finding out the wife's severe battle with post partum depression, it just seemed like she began to lose hope that things would work out. Soon after, Her husband lost his father and that just put more strain on the family as well as him starting a new job. It seemed like things were just getting more and more difficult as the days went by. Then it happened.

One night after church something just told her that she needed to take a pregnancy test. As silly as it was to her, she thought, OK I will do it and nothing will happen. I mean they had the Mirena  so the chances of winning the lottery would be higher, but she thought at least it would put her mind to ease.

Test 1 positive.

Test 2 Positive.

Test 3 Positive.

With each test confirming what she thought to be impossible just turned her world upside down. Appointments at the doctor the next day (considering how dangerous getting pregnant on a Mirena can be) confirmed she was in fact going to have another baby. The Mirena was just "missing". (Do not as me how this happens as I do not know). Now this mom is well into her first trimester and is feeling the hormones and is remember the "joy" of morning sickness. (besides whoever called it that, clearly was mistaken). The only thing that sounds appealing to her in the way of food is dry toast. She had no turkey over the holiday as the smell was just too much to handle. (if you haven't figured out the story, the mom is me! And baby makes 3~)

I am still in shock of what all has happened. Everyday is a battle in my mind of what we are going to do and how things will work out, but I know they will.

The word says he won't put more on us than we can bear, so he must think I am really strong. :)

Anyway, Everyone is excited and already talking names and all sorts of craziness. All I know is I can smell everything and most of it is not pleasing. I thought I was tired a month ago....ha.

I am just thankful for what I have been blessed with. If God is going to bring me to it, I know he will bring me through it.

I was able to sew up a darling little pinafore dress and bloomers last week. I will try and get it posted this week. :)

Until next time....

Keep Calm.....and be Thankful, you may just get another helping on your plate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment