Monday, May 21, 2012

Searching for toys....

So the highway 50 yard sale seemed pretty successful this year. I saw many more houses set up this year than ever before! I was somewhat excited to do a little shopping without kids, but that didn't end up happening.




My sweet hubby planned a "date night" Friday night of Cheesecake Factory and Putt Putt....and so therefore we were kid free Saturday morning. He ended up golfing and what does this momma do? Goes and picks up one of her little ones. Its hard being a working mom and not seeing them much during the week. The weekends are the only time we really get and I was feeling very selfish. My little little one who is 1&1/2 was with a friend, but my son who is 4&1/2 was with the grandparents. I stopped by their "yard sale" and of course he wanted to come with me. So my journey of looking for me turned into our journey of looking for toys for him. (not that he doesn't have a bazillion toys, but I digress)

He ended up with a brand new basket ball pool thing. It was originally $20 on the box and we got it for $8. That will come in handy here shortly. I did score a sale that had a ton of lace and trims all bagged up. She really didn't want to take less on them, but I caught her at the end of the day and score 4 full bags for $5. I was stoked.

I need to work on some storage and organization. Right now its all in bags underneath my sewing machine. The longer it stays there, the quicker my little loves will be into it. Perhaps I can work on that this evening....I am itching to get some sewing done.

Hope your weekend was fabulous...

Until next time...
Stay Calm....and buy less toys....

Chrissy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment