Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another Fun One to Add to the Bunch....

So my evening was successful. I have 2 wreaths to complete and so I took the time to get one done. I am saying this again and again. IF YOU RUFFLE A LOT...YOU NEED A RUFFLE FOOT! :) I am telling you...I had about 7 long strips of fabric to ruffle for this wreath and it took me a matter of 5 minutes or so. If I had to gather them all by hand, lets just say there would be no post today, or it would have gone something like ...Death to hand gathering!

I was even able to do some zippers. You know,...those fabulous zipper rosettes you see and love.




It was so simple I don't know why I have never tried it before. I just slipped it in under my ruffle foot and away it went. Did some shaping...some hot glue ( I think I no longer have fingerprints by the way) and there you go. I just accented with a vintage button. Isn't it so super cute?

Here is the wreath I finished last night, complete with Denim Roses, Ric Rack center flower, zipper flower and vintage buttons. I am loving how these are turning out every time I do a new one. I need to step up and get some better photos for this blog. It looks kind of dark and hard to see. Not sure what the deal is with that. (Oh probably because my "camera" is currently my cell phone and we know how great quality that is.) :)

I think for my next one, I might add a Monogram letter. The idea came to me at 4am this morning when I was trying to fall back asleep.

Are you getting tired of seeing wreaths all the time? I am not quite sick of them yet. However I do have at least 2 more I have committed to doing...so we will see how I feel when those are done.

Until then...

Stay Calm and Try Something New....

No comments:

Post a Comment