Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ruffles again....yep...keep em coming!

So last night I was having a hankerin'(is that a real word?) to get behind the sewing machine again, but I knew I didnt have a lot of time. I am terrible when it comes to "if I start something, I want to finish it" mentality. This could be looked at from a positive angle or negative. While on the positive, it means I usually don't have unfinished projects just lying around, but on the negative, I refuse to start projects I really want to do, because I know there wont be enough time to finish.

I guess I need to learn a little patience, but its not something I am going to pray for. :)

So last night I was thinking about these adorable headbands that I have seen on Etsy. They are ruffled and have another ruffle on top. I have seen them with different patterns and the possibilites are endless. While I don't plan on having an Etsy business, I thought I could try my hand at making some just for me and Livy. I had a scrap of red and white polka dot fabric and took 10 minutes to make a cutsie headband.


Of course I had to try it on the little model. I think she likes it. I really was planning on making it for me, and it fits an adult as well. Just a regular hard band. It matched her outfit when I turned around that I had to plop it on her head and I got a huge grin. :)

When I make another I will post a turtorial. It is super easy! :)

Stay Calm....and love some Ruffles...

No comments:

Post a Comment