Friday, June 8, 2012

A skirt for Moi?

So, I unfortunately think my skills of sewing are extremely above what they actually are. I need to start back at the basics and learn the correct way to do things and then maybe I can short cut later. With all the new tutorials on pillow case dresses, and 10 minute Maxi dresses, its easy to get caught up in the " I don't need a pattern to just whip up a skirt for myself".

Well Wrong. Perhaps if I have been sewing since I was a teen and had a vast knowledge....but sewing for 6 months or so....not gonna happen. I got some O-mazing vintage fabric that is a stripe of Silver, Rust and Black. It is very thin stripes. I want to make me a maxi skirt where the stripes "V" in the front, (I think cut on the Bias) but I have no clue how to do this. I am terrified to cut into this gorgeous fabric and mess something up. Perhaps I should try and draw a pattern? I have never drawn a pattern, but maybe that would be best. I am way too cheap to buy a pattern unless I come across one in my size for $1.00 or less.

Should I stick with the small projects I have done already and not move to something more difficult? I mean these questions are right up there with world peace...ya know?

If I do figure it out, I will be sure to show you cause I will be so extremely proud of myself.

Until Then

Stay Calm....and Go back to the Basics...

No comments:

Post a Comment